Valentine's Day Activities for the Single
- Watch BBC production of Bleak House
- Clean the bathroom
- Go to International Cinema with my roommates boyfriend (my roommate is currently in California so he was alone on Valentine’s Day)
- Butterfinger blizzards
- Read feminist theory - I was supposed to read some feminist theory for class and I wanted to read it on Valentine’s Day to make it more ironic, but my laziness got the better of me.
- Worst Movie Kiss: 2007 adaptation of Persuasion – I’m not exaggerating when I say that it’s the most uncomfortable kiss of my life. It takes about 20 seconds - again no exaggeration - and during those twenty seconds she works a cm at a time towards his lips with her mouth open and lips quivering like a fish on land. It’s disturbing.
- Most cliché gifts: Stuffed animal, heart shaped box of chocolates and a dozen red roses.
- Favorite Valentine’s Day Food: Heart shaped sugar cookies
- Favorite Valentine’s Day Film: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
This is a French film that I saw at International Cinema and it deals with love...but a psychotic love. It basically deconstructs the techniques of filming to unnerve the audience’s perception of reality and get laughs out of terrible events. If you have not seen it I highly recommend it.