Monday, February 16, 2009

He Love’s Me, He Love’s Me Not

Valentine's Day Activities for the Single

  • Watch BBC production of Bleak House
  • Clean the bathroom
  • Go to International Cinema with my roommates boyfriend (my roommate is currently in California so he was alone on Valentine’s Day)
  • Butterfinger blizzards
  • Read feminist theory - I was supposed to read some feminist theory for class and I wanted to read it on Valentine’s Day to make it more ironic, but my laziness got the better of me.

Valentine Awards

  • Worst Movie Kiss: 2007 adaptation of Persuasion – I’m not exaggerating when I say that it’s the most uncomfortable kiss of my life. It takes about 20 seconds - again no exaggeration - and during those twenty seconds she works a cm at a time towards his lips with her mouth open and lips quivering like a fish on land. It’s disturbing.
  • Most cliché gifts: Stuffed animal, heart shaped box of chocolates and a dozen red roses.
  • Favorite Valentine’s Day Food: Heart shaped sugar cookies
  • Favorite Valentine’s Day Film: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
    This is a French film that I saw at International Cinema and it deals with love...but a psychotic love. It basically deconstructs the techniques of filming to unnerve the audience’s perception of reality and get laughs out of terrible events. If you have not seen it I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree about the Persuasion kiss. Good news to brighten up those post Valentine's day blues - I know how much you love the holiday and how saddened you are when it is yet another year away. Mama bought you a super cute little something from a boutique in Nolita today. Get excited . . .

    ReplyDelete