Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Artwork of Paris

At galleries unexpected pieces of art touch you and stimulate your thoughts. Here are a few of the art pieces that I felt a connection to during my week in Paris. (It was difficult to only choose a few).
Rodin
Danaid

Van Gough
L'eglise d'Auvers-sur-Oise, vue du chevet

Constantin Brancusi
Le Coq (The Rooster)


Amedeo Modigliani
Le Jeune Apprenti


Maruice Denis
Les Arbes Verts ou Les Hetres de Kerduel

Antoine Pevsner
Construction Dynamique
Marc Chagall
Le Marchand de Jornaux


Gustave Caillebotte
Les raboteurs de parquet (The Floor-Scrapers)

2 comments:

  1. The Chagall piece is amazing. I absolutely love his work. There is an exhibition of his Bible images going on right now here. Bekah and I really need to go. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brancusi. My favorite piece in called "Bird in Space." glad you made it to my favorite English bookstore in Paris.

    ReplyDelete