Monday, November 10, 2008

A London Weekend


Royal Mayor Parade
Who is the Royal Mayor? I have no clue, but he throws a wicked parade! (Wicked in the British sense and not the Biblical) A group of us stood in the rain in front of Saint Paul’s. Now there are a few differences between American and English parades.


1. Pomp & Court
Several gilded carriages worthy of Disney princesses and extremely ridiculous hats (but silly hats are standard British wardrobe)
2. Hundreds of horses and they were not associated with 4H
3. Ridiculous Outfits
Most of these outlandish outfits do not seem ridiculous because old British men are wearing them. Most of them are similar to graduation robes with huge medallions and Martin Luther Wittenberg styled hats.

Six Characters in Search of an Author
Six characters abandoned by their author demand someone to finish their story. Now I cannot relate more of the plot or you will be lost and my head will hurt. In short its metafiction dealing with reader and author relationship. I must be honest that I had little exposure to this type of prose. Luckily the girl I went with did extensive research on it. After the mind boggling existential ending we walked on the Thames and attempted to figure it all out. I have not read the play, but from what I gather it as an extremely provocative modern interpretation. All the actors were excellent. One of the main actors is the Emperor from the new Star Wars…and he also played a creepy role in the play. I’m glad I went because I would never have another opportunity to see a play like this performed so well!

1 comment:

  1. I love and miss you Hillary.
    It looks like you are having a blast! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete