Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for Jane Austen and Jews



Location: Jane Austen's House
Activity: I'm making the shape of a "J" and Katie an "A"

Feelings: I am determined, more than ever, that Jane and I would be great friends if we met each other.



Thanksgiving Activities
  • Visit a synagogue

I thoroughly enjoyed our tour. Everything was a review but it was interesting none the less. I did discover my elementary Hebrew skills have slipped! I could not remember all the sounds of the letters or how to write the alphabet in script!

  • Have tea at Kensington Palace

We had the best looking server at tea! I think he was Spanish or something...I gave him my best smile. We had cucumber sandwiches -which reminded me of The Importance of Being Earnest- peppermint tea, clotted cream with a scone and a slice of cake. It does not sound like much but those dense scones with the heavy clotted cream can kill you!

  • Make and eat Thanksgiving meal

Pumpkin pie is difficult to come by in this country, but luckily we found some!

We did not go around and say what we were thankful for and I missed that.
I am thankful for:
My family

Hearing the call to prayer everyday in Jerusalem at dusk

London

Religious Freedom

Royal Shakespeare Company

Markets (The suk, Portabello, Burrows, Pike Place etc)

Brilliant football matches

Andrew's Earth Wind and Fire impersonation

Kinder Bonous

My ward in London and the members that inspire me every Sunday

Art Galleries

Attractive British men on the tube

Opportunity to celebrating Shabbat at the Western Wall

Enthralling books

Education

Bart (Our dishwasher here in London)

No comments:

Post a Comment