Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Awkward

I’m awkward around guys; I know this. However, little interaction with the opposite sex for the past few months has intensified my inability to socialize with males. There is only one male in our study abroad and he no longer really even counts and British men are too private to even make eye contact (at least that is what I keep telling myself for comfort).
Today I got my father’s Christmas present and a male - somewhat attractive and under the age of thirty – politely began to talk to me. He asked me non-descript questions about what I was studying etc. I began to blush! I blushed for no reason! It was terribly embarrassing! This ugly event hopefully does not foreshadow my semester back at BYU. BYU boys, unlike the British, are not so private and definitely will try to talk to me. Let’s hope I improve before January.

No comments:

Post a Comment