Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Men in My Life

I decided that it was time that I acknowledge and thank those men who play an important role in my life. Each contributes to my happiness in different aspects of my life. Yet, without one of them I could not function and my life would lose its meaning.










Rick Steves

Nothing makes a man more irresistible than knowledge and charming nerdiness. Rick posses all of these attractive traits. His knowledge is irreplaceable. So many instances he has saved me money and exposed me to the local world of different communities. Along with his wisdom, Rick posses the endearing geekiness. His large eighties glasses, high voice coupled with his unfailing attempts to speak the language like the locals charms me every time. While traveling I like to imagine that he accompanies me. His spirit lives on in his books. While in Wales we treated him as an individual apart of our group. Noting gave me greater pleasure. Is this love? Undoubtedly.

















David Tennant

Licking his lips insanely never was sexier than when David Tennant played Barty Crouch Junior. His charisma on stage is overwhelming. Before he opened his mouth all the women in the audience were hypnotized. He may not be as attractive as Mr. Darcy but he exudes charms. He’s talented; his performances as Hamlet and Berowne have bewitched the London community. I could not place my love on a more deserving subject than this bewitching actor with a sexy Scottish accent. I would pay one hundred pounds to see him play the Prince of Denmark. Is this love? Undoubtedly.













Mr. Darcy

He represents the ideal man and every woman’s dream. I cannot do justice to his perfection. Every human flaw makes him more attractive. Jane Austen describes his figure very little so it’s his character and personality that wins our hearts. (It does help that attractive actors play him in modern movies.) Yet, this relationship is more than skin deep. This is an eternal love that has continued for hundreds of years. I owe all my impossible expectations of men to Mr. Darcy. He may have ruined my chances of accepting anything less and subsequently I will become an old maid. However, if there was ever a man that merited ruining my perception of men it’s Mr. Darcy. Is this love? Undoubtedly.



















Cristiano Ronaldo

David Beckham? Who’s David Beckham? Who cares about David Beckham when Cristiano Ronaldo’s on the pitch? He’s one of the most talented footballers in the world and he’s one of the most attractive in the business. His quick movement on the ball, rocketing headers, fantastic crosses and astounding free kicks makes me melt every time I see him play. He may be a bit of a playboy and know he is the best…but even then it adds to his charm. Also, the fact that he speaks Portuguese, one of the most romantic languages on the planet, adds to his attractiveness. He’s also a footballer which ensures a rockin body. Is this superficial love? Undoubtedly.


Honorable Mention


Young British Business Men
To the attractive British men on the tube who give me hope of marrying a successful British man. You’re fashion sense is impeccable and you provide me with something to look forward to on a boring tube ride home.

Wayne Rooney
Though you look like a monkey you’re fantastic to cheer for. I love your bulldog type style of play.

2 comments: