Thursday, May 21, 2009

Métro-Boulot-Dodo

The title for this post is appropriate for several reasons:
1. It is in French.
Currently I am taking a French course. Normally you take this strenuous course over a period of about four months - I'm taking it in about seven weeks. In other words, it's the closest thing to an immersion program that Provo can offer.
2. Roughly translated the phrase means Metro-Eat-Sleep.
This describes my monotonous existence perfectly. I get up early to study French, work, gorge myself with unhealthy food and sleep. If I'm lucky I can get home early enough to watch my newest neflick.
It's sad when the highlight of my day is a neflick.
Perhaps I should add the french word for "lame" at the end of this phrase.
Or perhaps while it literally means Metro-Eat-Sleep, the fact that one's life can be summed up in three unoriginal words translates into a colloquial euphemism for "your life is lame".

No comments:

Post a Comment