Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Downton Abbey Texts

Preface: This conversation takes place after finding out T--- watched three episodes of Downton Abbey and did not like it. T---'s way of characterizing the show and the actors made me fall in love with a little more.


Aside: Am I the only one that reads Downton Abbey in my head like Andy Samberg for this digital short? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9TF-GKGvgE

H: don't be surprised if you guys are t-peed and it says "downton hater" in baked beans on your lawn

T: Hahaha actually, I am planning on watching an episode tonight. I'm still trying it out. K--- said she didn't really get into it until after 6 episodes.

H: I was hooked from the opening credits. My favorite character is Mary and the dog

T: Is mary the fiance who never grieved?

H: Lol

H: That is the funniest description ever

T: Hahaha, you would like her. She is also the one who killed the man during sex, and it gave him like a heart attack?

H: Yeah well it was a smart pun on the Elizabethan "to die" which also meant to have an orgasm. So it was a smart Shakespearean death.

H: But seriously, Isis is the coolest dog ever.

T: Indeed.

A few days later....

T: PS Did I tell you I fell in love with downton abbey and now I CAN'T WATCH THE second season because it's not streaming on netflix???

H: Bahaha that is your punishment for taking so long to like it. Whose your favorite character?

T: Not sure. Maybe the mom. CUZ SHE'S SO WEIRD WHEN SHE TALKS HAHA



1 comment:

  1. Hillary I Love Downton Abbey so much! I'm surprised it took me so long to hear about it, didn't know it existed until a couple weeks ago. I just finished the second season. Tell your friend to search for it on http://www.tv-links.eu
    I was dying because I couldn't watch season 2 and a friend told me about this website. Now I'm dying waiting for season 3.

    ReplyDelete