Wednesday, October 19, 2011

World's Greatest Blanket

So my mother--the same mother that had my aunt hand carry u-pick dahlias on the airplane to transport a little bit of home for me in Provo--gave me the world's greatest blanket yesterday. Here is the story: last Christmas my mother gave these blankets to all the married couples and close family friends. Since I am not married and a little more than a close friend, I did not receive a blanket. Honestly, in most cases I could care less about receiving a blanket; however, once I experienced this brilliant throw I had to have it. I even contemplated stealing it off the sofa and taking it back to school with me. My mom still has to remind me every time I visit to leave the blanket.



It may seem weird that I am obsessed with this blanket. Part of the obsession stems from my general love for all blankets. I am always cold and 
I prefer to be cold with a blanket draped around my body. But even if I did not love blankets, I would want to steal this one. You make think that it is an ordinary throw, but once you try it on you are converted; no other blanket will do when it comes to keeping you warm. One side of it is cable knit--so it has a good heavy feel to it--and the other side is this faux fur, glorious fabric.

Anyway, my mother sent me this blanket the other day without even telling me. She is possibly the world's greatest mom because she sends surprise gifts like the world's greatest blanket. Now I feel ready for the Fall and Winter weather ahead; I can face anything with the world's greatest blanket.

If you are lucky, and a hygienic person, I may just let you try it out for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Were you going to me know that you A- received the blanket B- loved it or C- thank me for your early Christmas present??????

    ReplyDelete