Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cycling through Prince Edward Island

There is a bike trail that goes around the whole of Prince Edward Island, so we rented bikes one afternoon and cycled along part of the coast of PEI. I admit, part of our reasoning was to recreate some Anne moments; like when Gilbert falls into the pond while racing Anne. Next time that we visit PEI, and I will visit again, I am determined to bike a large part of the trail. Now I am not a great biker, in fact there are family stories that attest to the opposite, but I would cycle this trail because it is perhaps the most picturesque bike ride one could envision. Here our bikes resting while we explore. I was wishing for more of a retro Anne style model, but "you can't always get what you want."

























I can rock a bicycle helmet.















Seriously, can you find any place more gorgeous than this island?








Okay so there was one pregnant sister on this trip. I am not that sister; however, I look more pregnant in this photo than she did the entire trip.












I adore this photo.









These just grew wild on every roadside. Even the side of the roads - perhaps the ugliest and smuttiest part of any country/city - was verdant and gorgeous. They are called Lupine, which makes me think of Lupin from Harry Potter; yet another reason to love these flowers.




After our cycling, we visited the red/pink beach. We climbed the cliff in order to recreate an Anne & Diana moment. Afterwards I surfed down on the sand; everyone thought I was going to kill myself, but I had complete control the whole time. It was possibly the "coolest" moment of my life.









Okay, so we are not the best at recreating the scene, but it felt legit.

1 comment:

  1. and you can rock a romper. hilaryyyy. . . ow ow! lovin all your updates, by the way.

    ReplyDelete