Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fulham vs. Sunderland

Today two of my friends and I went to a football match between Sunderland and Fulham. Fulham is a local London team and Sunderland is actually where most of my family is from. Neither team is one of the top teams in the Premier League but you would never have guessed from the fans. All the seats were filled. The majority of the spectators were British men, which also was enjoyable. There was never a quiet moment; the Sunderland fans constantly chanted, sang and cheered. Now what they cheered we still are debating. At first I thought they chanted “throw away” or “Uruguay”; later we believed they were saying “Sunderland”. Not only is the atmosphere exciting, but energy of the game itself is amplified. We enjoyed ourselves and now I’m determined to see Man United play.

1 comment: