Wednesday, October 15, 2008





















Strolling through Hyde Park on a Sunday afternoon is almost the equivalent to peeking into the window of a Londoner. A “tossed salad” of nationalities, ethnicities, social classes and age groups gather to Hyde Park with the same purpose: to peruse an activity that brings them pleasure. Each individual finds joy and comfort in different activities. (Rollerblading is one of these popular actives. This puzzles me, because for me rollerblading screams “fad of the nineties”. Yet, for whatever reason a decade later this sport is continuing strong in the United Kingdom.) These activities show persons interests and those activities that bring happiness. It is an intimate public display of a person; a very un-British characteristic.
It was a glorious day: warm and the park glowed with rich tones of the changing leaves. We stopped by speaker’s corner which never fails to excite. At speakers corner people gather around normal citizens who climb on their soap boxes and try to persuade their listeners. My favorite speaker was a Jew talking about Israel. I did not join in the heckling this time. I bit my tongue and will argue for the Palestinians’ another day; contention on Sunday is not an ideal Sabbath activity.
I must explain this picture. I am smirking because the boys behind me are fit young British men playing a shirts and skins football match. It made me extremely happy. Also, please note my bright blue vintage shoes (Portabello purchase).

1 comment:

  1. Hill, you look cute and happy. Enjoy your journies. Love Jeff

    ReplyDelete